Academy Resource Center (ARC)
ARC Training and Tutoring
To request more information about the services we provide, call or email us:
|ARC Training & Tutoring is located at 79 New Montgomery Street, 3rd Floor, (Rooms 311-314).
- The ARC Tutoring Computer Lab is located at 79 New Montgomery St. (79NM), Room 311 (Stations A-E).
- The ARC Tutoring Drawing Labs are located at 79 NM, Rooms 313 and 314.
- ARC Labs which require special facilities or equipment, as well as those on evenings or weekends, may be scheduled in other buildings.
- Ann Marie O'Sullivan's office is located at 79 NM, Room 311 (between Stations C and D).
- Jim O'Hara and Gwen Snider's office is located at 79 NM, Room 312.
The Academy Resource Center (ARC) offers free, small-group tutoring to all Academy of Art University students through On-Campus Labs and Online Labs Live! Students may be referred—or seek tutoring themselves—through the ARC, and academic coaches will refer them to the appropriate support channel. ARC Labs combine the personalized attention of tutoring with the accessibility of Department Workshops for all students seeking help with the most requested courses, software, and skills.
The Fall 2014 semester runs from Thursday, September 4, 2014 to Saturday, December 20, 2014. However, ARC Tutoring Labs start on Thursday, September 11, 2014 (Week #2) and run through Wednesday, December 17, 2014 (Week #15)—there are no ARC Labs scheduled on Thursday, November 27, through Sunday, November 30, 2014 because of Thanksgiving Break.
- On-Campus Labs take place in the Computer Lab (Room 311) or Drawing Studios (Rooms 313/314) at 79 New Montgomery, 3rd Floor. Labs which require special facilities or equipment, as well as Labs on evenings or weekends, may be scheduled in other buildings.
- Students sign up for a 50-minute appointment with an ARC tutor using TutorTrac online at https://tutortrac.academyart.edu. Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, or Mercury (for the iPad) are the recommended web browsers.
- Click to download the On-Campus Schedule and Student Guide to making and cancelling appointments.
- If you have questions about On-Campus Labs, please call (415) 618-3865 or email email@example.com.
Online Labs Live!
- Online Labs Live! provide all AAU students with live, synchronous (real-time) support with a friendly, experienced, and knowledgeable tutor via online chat, video, screen sharing, file sharing, and conference call.
- Students can make appointments at https://tutortrac.academyart.edu. Appointments are recommended but not required, and there is no limit to the the number of students who may enter an online classroom at a given time.
- Students access Online Labs Live! through Adobe Connect by clicking on the links provided in Online Lab List + Links. For help, see Student Guide, including online log-in instructions.
- All schedules are listed in Pacific or California/West Coast Time (PT) — see this map. If you have questions about Online Labs Live!, please call 1(415) 618-3994.
Students are encouraged to take advantage of these free services to help them with their classes and assignments; however, they should also make use of other support options, including Department Workshops, to avoid falling behind. All tutoring is provided by current faculty, alumni, and technical staff. ARC Tutoring should not be regarded as a substitute for attending class and is effective only in conjunction with continued, regular weekly attendance and full participation in class.