Academy Resource Center (ARC)
ARC Training and Tutoring
To request more information about the services we provide, call or email us:
|ARC Training & Tutoring is located at 79 New Montgomery Street, 3rd Floor, (Rooms 311-314).
- The ARC Tutoring Computer Lab is located at 79 New Montgomery St. (79NM), Room 311 (Stations A-E).
- The ARC Tutoring Drawing Labs are located at 79 NM, Rooms 313 and 314.
- ARC Labs which require special facilities or equipment, as well as those on evenings or weekends, may be scheduled in other buildings.
- Wyn Thomas's office is located at 79 NM, Room 311 (between Stations C and D).
- Jim O'Hara and Gwen Snider's office is located at 79 NM, Room 312.
The Academy Resource Center (ARC) offers free, small-group tutoring to Academy of Art University students, both undergraduate and graduate, for all majors and courses, in the form of On-Campus Labs and Online Labs.
Students may be referred – or seek tutoring themselves – through the ARC's Student Academic Support (SAS) department, and academic coaches from SAS will assist students by referring them to the appropriate educational support options, including ARC Training and Tutoring.
ARC Labs combine the personalized attention of tutoring with the accessibility of Department Workshops to provide another option for ALL students seeking one-time or short-term help with the most frequently requested courses, software, and skills. The Spring 2013 semester runs from Monday, February 4 to Saturday, May 18, 2013. However, ARC On-Campus Labs start on Monday, February 11 (Week #2) and run through Wednesday, May 15, 2013 (middle of Week #15)—there are no scheduled holidays or breaks this semester.
ARC Training & Tutoring will be closed during all school holidays and breaks.
- Most On-Campus Labs take place in the Computer Lab (Room 311) or Drawing Studios (Rooms 313 and 314) at 79 NM, 3rd Floor. Labs which require special facilities or equipment, as well as those on evenings or weekends, may be scheduled in other buildings.
- Students sign up for a 50-minute appointment with an on-campus tutor using TutorTrac online at https://tutortrac.academyart.edu.
(Google Chrome or Firefox are the recommended web browsers.) Click here to download the Schedule and Student Guide to making appointments through TutorTrac.
- Online Labs provide all AAU students with live, synchronous (real-time) support with an experienced and knowledgeable tutor via online chat, video, screen sharing, file sharing, and conference call capability.
- For instructions on how to use Online Labs, click here.
- Students access Online Labs through Adobe Connect by clicking on the corresponding link in the attached schedule during the appointed day and time. To view the weekly calendar version of our schedule, click here.
- All schedules are listed in PST (Pacific Standard Time) or California, west coast time. To find out what time zone you're located in, you can view this map.
- If you have questions about Online Labs, please call (415) 618-3994 or use Skype (a free web-based chat service) at aaututoring.
Students are encouraged to take advantage of these free services to help them with their classes and assignments; however, they should also make regular use of other support options, including Department Workshops, to avoid falling behind. All tutoring is provided by current faculty, alumni, and technical staff. ARC Tutoring should not be regarded as a substitute for attending class and is effective only in conjunction with continued, regular weekly attendance and full participation in class.